When You Need a Floor Sanding Service
If you have hardwood floors whether at home or in an office area, ensuring it is well maintained is as much a responsibility as it is a challenge. However, there are many ways to take care of these floors and to give them a fresh look. The following are various instances when you will need to seek help from floor sanding professionals. read more →
4 Effective maintenance tips for Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is beautiful, but keeping them well-maintained is the secret to keeping them looking good for many years. Although some people are tempted to maintain their floors themselves, it is best to hire a team of professionals like Castle Floors to do the job for you. read more →
Discover the Main Sports Hall Flooring Characteristics
Sports hall flooring systems play a major role in the performance of players during a game. The systems which are installed should meet the typical requirements for each scope of use. read more →
When sanding your hardwood floors, there are numerous options available. For instance, different sander types available as well as a variety of finishes and stains to provide different kinds of effects. Here are some floor restoration tips on what you should do and what shouldn’t do when having a floor sanding restoration done. read more →
The risks of a DIY job and the benefits of using the professionals.
When it comes to a floor sanding job, various factors should be considered, before getting underway. Cost, the size of the task, and your personal skills at sanding, to mention a few. read more →
Picking the right floor restoration company can sometimes be a challenging task. Most of the time clients privilege price over quality: the results can be disastrous. A company without or with little experience can spoil your floor in such a way that the idea of economising by hiring less than qualified professionals can turn in a tremendous loss. read more →
Solid wood flooring is a popular floor choice because of its durability, elegance and feel. Also, solid wood flooring adds character and warmth to your house and if well cared for it can last you for years.
Here’s what you need to know about solid wood flooring;
What is the significance of wood grades?
Wood grade refers to the number of natural marks and knots on the wood. Wood grade helps one access the quality of the wood. As such, the lesser the knots, the higher the quality of the wood.
Hardwood floors have numerous advantages compared to carpeting. They can last for a longer time, and they look outstanding with less effort. Well maintained wood floors tend toad value and style to any home. Since wood is also a natural insulator, it helps in keeping your home warm for as long as there are not gaps between the floorboards. read more →
Many people decide to have wooden floors put in over carpets as this means less time maintaining the carpet to make it look new and also wooden floors last for a very long time, much longer than carpets. In this article, I will discuss 5 advantages of sanding your wooden floor to make it look new again.
- Sanding wooden floors can make them look new and smoother than before. This is achieved as the sand scraps off the old layer and brings a new layer from below. The new layer can then soak up any stains.
- Once you have finished the sanding, you will notice the room looks brighter. This is gained as the light spreads correctly, while the ambience of the entire room improves. Also, having good ambience in your room will also make you feel good.
- Another advantage of sanding your wood floor is it can enable you to varnish and stain the new layer. This can make the staining process easier and reduce any regular wear and tear. This technique can also make the floor even.
- After you have completed the sanding, this can decrease the floor’s resistance to movement. As the floor remains level, this makes it hard for dust to collect in any portions of the floor which means the floor remains cleaner for longer periods and would require less cleaning.
- Finally, sanding can make cleaning the floor much easier and can also make the floor durable meaning it can last for a very long time.
We offer a wide range of floor sanding services including:
- Sand & varnish
- Sand & Oil
- Sand & Stain
- Staircase refurbishment
- Floorboard replacement and much more!
Visit our site for more details on Castle Floors and past projects which we have worked on in the past.