Five Reasons Why we Love Wood Floors
We’ve all been there. You’ve spent the afternoon cleaning your house from top to bottom and now it’s time for a well-earned rest in front of the fire with a glass of red and your dog curled happily at your feet. You sit down with a yawn and a blissful stretch when, suddenly, that nice glass of red is toppling over. A red stain seeps into your plush, cream carpet. The dog looks up and your heart sinks as you realise your much-loved pet has already left a sheepish trail of muddy paw prints and hair over everything. Your mind is made up. Wood floors are the way to go. read more →
Hardwood floors have numerous advantages compared to carpeting. They can last for a longer time, and they look outstanding with less effort. Well maintained wood floors tend toad value and style to any home. Since wood is also a natural insulator, it helps in keeping your home warm for as long as there are not gaps between the floorboards. read more →
10% off flooring jobs for senior citizens and military personnel in Suffolk County
If, by chance, you are reading this and happen to live in New York City, you could be in luck. Especially if you’ve served in the US military services or happen to be 65 years old or older. Better still if you live in Suffolk County or Nassau County. First Class Wood Flooring are offering a 10% discount for aged persons and military personnel in this part of the State of New York. read more →
A brief look at how the engineered wood floor works
As well as parquet floors, there is one other flooring type which is noted for durability. That of the engineered wood floor. It is one of the most popular kinds of wooden flooring around the world. Like a wood veneer floor, and laminate flooring, it has at least one layer on top of another one.
A look at how mixed media floors compare with all wooden floors
You can either have a wooden floor or a stone floor. Or a marble floor, or a laminate floor. Having a bit of both flooring types seem extravagant, but recent trends are pointing in the opposite direction. If you combine a parquet floor with a marble floor, you have what is known as a Mixed Media Floor.
Many people decide to have wooden floors put in over carpets as this means less time maintaining the carpet to make it look new and also wooden floors last for a very long time, much longer than carpets. In this article, I will discuss 5 advantages of sanding your wooden floor to make it look new again.
- Sanding wooden floors can make them look new and smoother than before. This is achieved as the sand scraps off the old layer and brings a new layer from below. The new layer can then soak up any stains.
- Once you have finished the sanding, you will notice the room looks brighter. This is gained as the light spreads correctly, while the ambience of the entire room improves. Also, having good ambience in your room will also make you feel good.
- Another advantage of sanding your wood floor is it can enable you to varnish and stain the new layer. This can make the staining process easier and reduce any regular wear and tear. This technique can also make the floor even.
- After you have completed the sanding, this can decrease the floor’s resistance to movement. As the floor remains level, this makes it hard for dust to collect in any portions of the floor which means the floor remains cleaner for longer periods and would require less cleaning.
- Finally, sanding can make cleaning the floor much easier and can also make the floor durable meaning it can last for a very long time.
We offer a wide range of floor sanding services including:
- Sand & varnish
- Sand & Oil
- Sand & Stain
- Staircase refurbishment
- Floorboard replacement and much more!
Visit our site for more details on Castle Floors and past projects which we have worked on in the past.
The floor in a persons house is one of the main parts and as such needs to be in good condition in order to make sure that your home looks good. People are becoming more adventurous in their choice of flooring and going for materials other than just carpet. read more →